rtmpdump version error

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 14:05:17 EDT 2013

On 24/06/2013 14:47, emmesse at btopenworld.com wrote:

> I updated to version 2.83 (windows) this morning and removed
> my SWF preference changes from last week as DinkyPumpkin advised.
>
> But I'm now not able to get anything to download - keep
> getting this error:
>
> WARNING: Your version of rtmpdump/flvstreamer does not
> support SWF Verification
> WARNING: rtmpdump/flvstreamer 1.8 or later is required -
> please upgrade
>
> I uninstalled and tried a fresh install but that didn't help
> either.
>
> Any ideas?

Re-run the installer and make sure RTMPDump is selected for
re-installation.  If it still doesn't work:

1. Check that this file exists:

C:\Program Files\get_iplayer\RTMPDump\rtmpdump.exe

C:\Program Files\get_iplayer (x86) on 64-bit Windows

2. If rtmpdump.exe exists, in the get_iplayer console window run:

.\RTMPDump\rtmpdump.exe --help

This should print a usage message incl. rtmpdump version number

3. In the get_iplayer console window run:

get_iplayer --show-options

In the output you should see:

rtmpdump = .\RTMPDump\rtmpdump.exe

Reply with the output from #2 and #3 (scrub any identifying information
if needed)