[ANN] get_iplayer 2.83 released

Jonathan H lardconcepts at gmail.com
Sun Jun 23 04:00:07 EDT 2013

On Sat, 2013-06-22 at 23:38 +0100, dinkypumpkin wrote:

> > get_iplayer 2.83 has been released.  Release notes here:
> >
> > https://github.com/dinkypumpkin/get_iplayer/wiki/release283

OOoh! New version - excellent! Updated my previously installation perfectly,
and I'm fairly sure it's not my imagination but the web pvr manager seems
much more responsive.
Switching betweeen the tabs is instant - not saying the 2 second delay
before bothered me, but it's noticably faster.

On Sat, Jun 22, 2013 at 11:48 PM, David Woodhouse <dwmw2 at infradead.org>
wrote:

> I see you're moving away from the web site on www.infradead.org?
>
> Do you want me to take the existing site down, or make it redirect to
> github?

As a Windows user, that would be a bad thing as that's where the Windows
installer is hosted! From the github readme:

Windows Installer

A new version of the get_iplayer Windows installer is available:

http://www.infradead.org/get_iplayer_win/get_iplayer_setup_latest.exe

So - if David is the owner of infradead and dinkypumpkin is the author of
get_iplayer how come ... no, I'm confused!

Can someone explain git versioning to me? The installer is taking everything
else fom lower to higher versions except...

RTMPDump (2.4-git-6230845 -> 2.4-git-010913)

I kept it in for upgrade but 6230845 is higher than 010913 - does that mean
I have a better version that came with something else, or .....?!?