recursive radio pids

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 14:20:02 EDT 2013

On 18/06/2013 15:22, James Cook wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Jun 2013 11:40:09 +0100, you wrote:
>
>>> Are they at a new location?
>>
>> Example?
>
> Night waves.
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006tp43
>
> Command:
> perl get_iplayer.pl --type=radio --pid b006tp43 --pid-recursive --get

Still works for me.  Accessing a programme's brand PID with
-pid-recursive throws out everything in the archive, which is a long
list for something like Night Waves.  What happens at your end?

> http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/playlist/b006tp43
> returns 404

I don't think that ever worked for brand or series PIDs.  It's not how
get_iplayer uses the playlist resources, anyway.

> Interestingly
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006tp43.rdf seems at 1st glance to
> contain all pids.

That's what you would expect when you hit the brand PID for a programme
- links to its related resources.  A bunch of Night Waves episodes are
not organised into series, so you get a pretty long list.