flv conversion failed - retaining flv file....

Rick Spurway rick at spurway.com
Tue Jun 18 01:33:28 EDT 2013

> If you ran it successfully on a FLV file that failed in get_iplayer, then there is something else going on...

I used the "Convert" feature of Tubedigger, which also employs ffmpeg.
I watched the resulting mp4 last night. There was a major image
problem at one point (for a few seconds), but the rest of the show was
viewable. I think it was a one-off break in the download - which
unusually I did in the late afternoon. I normally start downloading at
9am Central European Time, which is 8am UK, 3am New York, and midnight
Los Angeles, so I have relatively little competition for bandwidth.
All in all, as an expat, I feel get_iplayer does a great service in
maintaining contact with english-speaking culture as presented by the
output of the BBC. So a BIG thank you to those who support each other
here at infradead and maintain get_iplayer.

Best wishes,
Rick
Budapest