Can't use get_iplayer

Jon Davies jon at hedgerows.org.uk
Thu Jun 13 13:38:03 EDT 2013

On 13 June 2013 18:13, Chris J Brady <chrisjbrady at yahoo.com> wrote:
> [rant deleted]
> Please can someone suggest a way of downloading this.
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01m2n8t
>
> I've tried get_iplayer which wont do it using the URL.

get_iplayer can't download things from /programmes/ urls.

> And its not on iPlayer.
yes it is.  The url you posted is for "The Captain's Apprentice"
episode of "Twenty Minutes" on radio 3 - it says it was last broadcast
last Friday at 20:20.  The simple expedient of looking on iplayer for
radio 3 last Friday at 8.20pm finds ... Twenty Minutes - The Captain's
Apprentice.

So, you can download it using something like this (these are not the
only ways...):

get_iplayer --type radio "Twenty Minutes" -g     (if you want all the
episodes of Twenty Minutes)

or

get_iplayer --type radio --pid b01m2n8t   (if you want this specific episode)

Regards
Jon