what do i do ?

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Sat Jun 8 08:22:11 EDT 2013

On 08/06/2013 10:34, Jonathan H wrote:
> I was also wondering if, rather than following the slightly lengthy
> instructions at
> https://github.com/dinkypumpkin/get_iplayer/wiki/githead whether it
> was just possible to download
> https://github.com/dinkypumpkin/get_iplayer/archive/master.zip and
> drag and drop the contents of (eg Windows) folder over the current
> installation?

No, not if you used the Windows installer.  Those instructions are
"lengthy" because a stock Windows/IE installation makes it such a faff
to do something as simple as download a plain text file that lacks a
file extension.  Since we give users a non-CLI interface, we also have
to be mindful of users who don't or won't use the command line.  It
saves unnecessary queries here.  If you want the digested read:

Back up and replace this file:

Win32: C:\Program Files\get_iplayer\get_iplayer.pl

OR

Win64: C:\Program Files (x86)\get_iplayer\get_iplayer.pl

with this file:

https://raw.github.com/dinkypumpkin/get_iplayer/master/get_iplayer

and be sure to rename it to get_iplayer.pl in the process.