get_iplayer - Query. Set a variable in batch to --subdir

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Sun Jul 21 16:22:56 EDT 2013

On 21/07/2013 18:04, get_iplayer at i.lucanops.net wrote:
> On Sun, 2013-07-21 at 17:02 +0100, Terence wrote:
>> Example: C: & cd "\Program Files\get_iplayer\" &
>> "%Windir%\system32\cmd.exe" /c get_iplayer --type=tv "987" --get
>> --vmode=best --output="\downloads\media\" --subdir
>> set FPLACE=--subdir
>> I know that would just set FPLACE to --subdir which is no good. I want
>> FPLACE to be set to what --subdir represents.
>
> If --subdir does what I think, makes a directory named the same as the
> programme, then this should set FPLACE to be the name of the most
> recently modified directory in the current directory.
>
> for /f "tokens=1 delims=" %a in ('"dir /b /a:d /o:d"') do @set FPLACE="%
> a"

I think you would need to run that DIR command on the output directory,
not the working directory, which in the example is the get_iplayer
installation directory.

If you just want to move the subdirectory after the download is
complete, use --command with a command formulated with the <dir>
substitution parameter, which contains the value you need.  No need for
an extra step.