How do I make GiP re-record a program i've already recorded?

Shiner dodgy-curry at ntlworld.com
Sun Jul 21 10:20:54 EDT 2013

----- Original Message -----
From: "J K.Eason" <john at jeason.cix.co.uk>
To: <get_iplayer at lists.infradead.org>
Sent: Sunday, July 21, 2013 1:22 PM
Subject: Re: How do I make GiP re-record a program i've already recorded?

>> I cannot re-record it.
>>
>> PVR Manager insists that it's *Recording Complete*, and
>> this is despite my deleting the file and removing it from the *PVR
>> List* and subsequently
>> adding it again.
>> Neither *Record* or *Series* works, I just get the *Recording
>> Complete* message again.
>
> Click the 'Recording' tab (to the right of 'Advanced Search'), then
> select the 'On' option beside 'Force Recording' and click 'Apply
> Settings'. That will force re-recording for the current session. If you
> wanted to make it permanent, you'd need to click 'Save as Default'.

Hi John

Done that OK and reinstated *Luther* in PVR list (Record Series)

It didn't fix it, I get:
===============
<snip>
_Click_name_tv
_Horizon_name_tv
_In_Touch_name_tv_radio
_Luther_Series_3_name_tv
Matches:
560: Luther: Series 3 - Episode 1, BBC One, Audio
Described,Crime,Drama,Guidance,Sign Zone,TV,Thriller,
default,audiodescribed,signed

INFO: 1 Matching Programmes
INFO: Checking existence of default version
INFO:
flashhd1,flashhd2,flashvhigh1,flashvhigh2,flashhigh1,flashhigh2,flashstd1,flashstd2
modes will be tried for version default
INFO: Trying flashhd1 mode to record tv: Luther: Series 3 - Episode 1

INFO: File name prefix = Luther_Series_3_-_Episode_1_p01b2b5c_default
RTMPDump v2.4
(c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL
ERROR: Last tag size must be greater/equal zero (prevTagSize=2040433826) and
smaller then filesize, corrupt file!
INFO: Command exit code 1 (raw code = 256)
WARNING: Retry recording for 'Luther: Series 3 - Episode 1 (p01b2b5c)'

....which repeats ad infinitum.

Question....
Could I alternatively simply edit out *_Luther_Series_3_name_tv*
in C:\Documents and Settings\Shiner/.get_iplayer/pvr_lock

...oir is that not a *Good Idea*?

--
Shiner