The mp3 radio downloads that use MPlayer.

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Thu Jul 18 07:36:17 EDT 2013

On Thu Jul 18 04:01:29 BST 2013, bat guano wrote:

>I've just compiled FFmpeg again from git.
>Still have the red errors.
>See attachment.

 Hi bg

Following your last post, I went to the Zeranoe
autobuilds repo here:

http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/win32/static/

and downloaded today's build, which was compiled
from the same git snapshot as the one you compiled
yourself, i.e.

ffmpeg-20130718-git-1816f55

I then ran the following command on the same .flv
file used with my FFmpeg 1.2 test posted previously:

ffmpeg -i foo.flv -f mp3 -vn -c:a copy foo.mp3 > ExtractLog.txt 2>&1

Log is attached. I now get the pink+red errors you get, in the exact
wording.
So it appears that one (or more) commit after the 1.2 tag release changed
the
format of the printed errors.

>But I think it's safest for get_iplayer to carry on using MPlayer to mux
>the mp3 files.

The mp3 extraction with today's autobuild proceeded very quickly, I'd say in
2sec -
I tested further the produced .mp3 audio file with a variety of
installed/portable media
players on my Win 32bit setup, it was always played back flawlessly.
Duration was always reported correctly, seeking back/forth was instant with
no errors.
 So, from my point of view, I don't see any substantial reason why ffmpeg
shouldn't be
used - I am pretty sure dinkypumpkin can come up with code to supress those
"red"
errors whenever ffmpeg is invoked to perform this specific FLV->MP3
extraction and
leave the default logging level for all other ffmpeg tasks... It will be
worth it if we can
ditch MPlayer altogether...

>Maybe this can be fixed by posting the problem on the FFmpeg-users mailing
>list.

 It wouldn't hurt reporting it there, at the risk of your post being ignored
inside the very
copious traffic of that list - at the end of the day, the extraction itself
succeeds, will you
just ask for the alteration of the printed errors?
[I had recently asked in that list for the implementation of an MP4v2 muxer
(I have issues
with a hardware player that won't play the normal MP4v1 files), I was
replied to that the
devs deem the current (and only) MP4 muxer is sufficient - luckily I use
AviDemux (with
its libmp42 library) or MP4Box to remux my files...

OFF TOPIC:

I couldn't help but notice that in your custom FFmpeg build you have enabled
3 non-free
AAC encoders (libaacplus, libfaac, libfdk-aac), then there is libvo-aacenc
plus the native
aac encoder of FFmpeg.
 Are you conducting some aac encoding tests and which are your findings? Do
the 5 of them
happily coexist?

Many greetings,
Vangelis.