The mp3 radio downloads that use MPlayer.

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Wed Jul 17 16:19:34 EDT 2013

On Wed Jul 17 20:19:21 BST 2013, bat guano wrote:

>I've just tried using FFmpeg instead of MPlayer...
>Downloaded an mp3 flv file:-
>get_iplayer --type=radio --pid=b036jqq9 --raw --force
>
>Tried to mux it with FFmpeg:-
>ffmpeg -i
>"Another_Country_with_Ricky_Ross_-_Lord_Huron_b036jqq9_default.flv" -c copy
>output.mp3
>
>Gives errors:-
>"Application provided invalid, non monotonically increasing dts to muxer in
>stream 0"
>
>Maybe this is the reason that MPlayer is used instead...

 I downloaded a shorter audio file:

get_iplayer --type=radio --pid=b036jrr2 --modes=flashaudio --force -w --file-prefix="Morning
Briefing 17 07 2013[b036jrr2]" --raw

then used FFmpeg-1.2-win32 binary (the same one that is fetched by the
latest GiP win installer) to extract audio stream:

ffmpeg -i foo.flv -f mp3 -vn -c:a copy foo.mp3

FFmpeg threw a great number of colourful (pink+yellow) errors, but in the
end a perfectly playable mp3 file was produced:

(from MediaInfo)

Format                           : MPEG Audio
File size                        : 27.9 MiB
Duration                         : 30mn 25s
Overall bit rate                 : 128 Kbps
Encoding settings                : Lavf54.63.104

Audio
Format                           : MPEG Audio
Format version                   : Version 1
Format profile                   : Layer 3
Mode                             : Joint stereo
Mode extension                   : MS Stereo
Duration                         : 30mn 30s
Bit rate mode                    : Constant
Bit rate                         : 128 Kbps
Channel(s)                       : 2 channels
Sampling rate                    : 44.1 KHz
Compression mode                 : Lossy
Stream size                      : 27.9 MiB (100%)

I have attached console output (using the GUI WinFF and FFmpeg-1.2-win32)