Under the radar

michael norman michaeltnorman at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 06:01:17 EDT 2013

I'm presuming that they dont allow feeds to get_iplayer by IP location
in the same way that iplayer does here but if you can watch it on
iplayer in a VM (as you can) then you can record direct from the screen
and audio anyway so there is no real difference - just ease of use.
> Tom

Are you talking about users outside UK who as non licence payers who
dont  AFAIK have access to BBC iplayer ?

By VM do you mean VPN ?

If you are outside UK then get_iplayer will work in a VPN but AFAIK
without looking it up the get_iplayer docs disown this ?  And rightly so.

I wouldn't like to try what you suggest outside UK without a pretty
solid broadband connection and a pretty powerful computer