New Website

Square Penguin squarepenguin at getiplayer.co.uk
Wed Jul 17 03:56:53 EDT 2013

The BBC can request the take down of the site and I'd make necessary
adjustments to address the concerns and put it back up. I'm happy to
address them before it gets to that stage.

However, that is going to have no effect of get_iplayer, the programme,
itself. I have simply created a site that mirrors already available
content and added a forum. I am not 'in charge' of get_iplayer or its
removal, no one is actually. It's open source, though we're lucky enough
to have a maintainer.

Rest assured, any move by the BBC against the site in order to remove
get_iplayer would be futile as I would have absolutely no way of
removing it. Further, all the content is available elsewhere, less the
forums, so it wouldn't be a particularly effective move if they wished
to limit access to info either.