Newbie Query

Prisca prisca at leonin.co.uk
Sat Jul 13 11:18:01 EDT 2013

Hi

Another refugee from Radio Downloader getting to grips with Get_Iplayer.

I've been playing around and experimenting and finally figured out the
various commands I need. So far I'm pretty happy with the outcome and in
some ways prefer this to Radio Downloader.

I do have one query I haven't been able to resolve. I like to have the
date of the broadcast at the end of the file name and I've added the
command <firstbcast> to the file name in preferences as: get_iplayer
--prefs-add --file-prefix="<nameshort> - <senum> - <episodeshort> -
<firstbcast>"

This works well and I get the file name in the format I want except for
one thing: at the end of the date there is a string of erroneous letters
and numbers, for example Book at Bedtime - s01e01 - The Ocean at the End
of the Lane - 2013-07-08T2245000100

How do I prevent these from appearing? The only option I have at the
moment is to edit each file, which is a bit of a pain. Incidentally,
this doesn't happen if I use the <dldate> command, but this doesn't help
if I'm downloading a week's worth of files in one go as they all end up
with the date of downloading.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks to the developers - great program by the way.

Cheers
Prisca