Looking for some 64-bit Win 7 help

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Sun Jul 7 14:49:25 EDT 2013

If you:

1) use 64-bit Win 7

2) installed get_iplayer with the native installer, with no
customisations of your own

3) are momentarily bored

Please run the following command:

get_iplayer --type radio --get "fear on four" --aactomp3

It's a 30-minute radio programme, so shouldn't take much time to
download and transcode.

After downloading, open the file in iTunes, Windows Media Player, some
other media manager, or just do Right Click->Properties->Details in
Windows Explorer.

What I'm interested in is what you see in the track number field.  It
should be empty, but a user has reported that the MP3::Tag Perl module
is leaving junk values in that field when there is no episode number in
the get_iplayer metadata.  He submitted a patch, but I can't replicate
the problem.  I have 64-bit Win8 but not Win 7, so I'd like to establish
whether or not this is a Win 7 problem or a one-off.