Error: rtmpdump 16-bit vs. 64-bit; incomplete recordings

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 11:24:21 EDT 2013

On 03/07/2013 13:26, Rachael wrote:
> (1) I get a pop-up message withe header "Unsupported 16-bit
> application" which says that "rtmpdump.exe cannot start or run due to
> incompatibility with 64-bit versions of Windows." I click OK on that
> error message.

If you're still out there, I'd like to ascertain whether or not the
particular rtmpdump build used by the get_iplayer installer is at fault.
  I've made another build that you can test.  Download this file:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9532068/rtmpdump-v2.4-68-gdf6c518.zip

Unzip the archive.  Among its contents will be rtmpdump.exe.  Back up
and replace the installer version of rtmpdump.exe with the version from
the zip archive.  The installer version will be found at:

C:\Program Files\get_iplayer\RTMPDump\rtmpdump.exe

or for 64-bit Windows:

C:\Program Files (x86)\get_iplayer\RTMPDump\rtmpdump.exe

Then try to download something with get_iplayer.  If it works or throws
a different error message than before, please reply here.