Problem downloading TV progs

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 09:23:20 EDT 2013

On 05/07/2013 13:59, Jon Davies wrote:
> On 4 July 2013 06:41, Bailey Peter <sundancedisco at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>> INFO: MP4 tagging MP4 file
>> APar_readX read failed, expect 12 got 0: end of file
>> INFO: Command exit code 1 (raw code = 256)
>> WARNING: Failed to tag MP4 file
>>
>> and as a consequence I end up with a zero length MP4 file. I've tried
>> different --mode parameters & all fail even when the modes are available
>> for the program (via --info).
>

> AtomicParsley is dying for some reason.  What operating system and
> what versions of get-iplayer and atomicparsley are you using?

The "APar_readX read failed" is more likely to be the symptom than the
cause.  AP can throw that error if it's fed a zero-length file.  The
first thing to do is to download with --no-tag (takes AtomicParsley out
of the equation) to see if a zero-length file is being produced by the
FLV-->MP4 re-muxing instead.