Massive Failures

J K.Eason john at jeason.cix.co.uk
Thu Jul 4 15:41:00 EDT 2013

>  This particular one downloaded fine and in one go from the CLI:
>
> get_iplayer --type=radio -i --pid=b0368my6 --modes=flashaudio
> --force -w --file-prefix="Folk Club - 29_06_2013[b0368my6]"
> --tag-podcast-radio

Yes. It's fine via the CLI. It produces the expected size of 109,442KB
and length of 1 hour 56 seconds. However, after moving that file and
trying again with the PVR using the 'force' setting, I now get this:

Recording The Following Programmes

    Folk Club - 29/06/2013 (b0368my6)

INFO Trying to stream pid using type radio
INFO: pid found in cache
Matches:
11090:	Folk Club - 29/06/2013, BBC Radio Ulster, Folk,Music,Northern
Ireland,Radio

INFO: 1 Matching Programmes
INFO: Checking existence of default version
INFO: flashaudio1,wma1 modes will be tried for version default
INFO: Trying flashaudio1 mode to record radio: Folk Club - 29/06/2013

INFO: File name prefix = Folk Club - 29_06_2013
RTMPDump v2.4
(c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license:
GPL
Connecting ...
INFO: Connected...
Starting download at: 0.000 kB
######
WARNING: HandleInvoke, Sanity failed. no string method in invoke packet
WARNING: HandleInvoke, Sanity failed. no string method in invoke packet
WARNING: HandleInvoke, Sanity failed. no string method in invoke packet
WARNING: HandleInvoke, Sanity failed. no string method in invoke packet
WARNING: HandleInvoke, Sanity failed. no string method in invoke packet
Download complete
MPlayer 1.0rc2-4.2.1 (C) 2000-2007 MPlayer Team
CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual  CPU  T3400  @ 2.16GHz (Family: 6, Model:
15, Stepping: 13)
Compiled with runtime CPU detection.
getch2: 6 can't get number of input events  [disabling console input]

Playing C:\Users\Public\Videos\iPlayer Recordings\Folk Club -
29_06_2013.partial.mp3.flv.
libavformat file format detected.
[lavf] Audio stream found, -aid 0
Core dumped ;)

Exiting... (End of file)
INFO: Recorded C:\Users\Public\Videos\iPlayer Recordings\Folk Club -
29_06_2013.mp3

INFO: Downloaded Thumbnail to 'C:\Users\Public\Videos\iPlayer
Recordings\Folk Club - 29_06_2013.jpg'
INFO: ID3 tagging MP3 file

Recording complete
---------

That produces a playable file of 893KB 59 seconds long! :^)

I have to admit that I almost invariably use the CLI to download single
programs, so I've not seen problems like that before.

Regards
       John