FLV to MP4

Rick Spurway rick at spurway.com
Wed Jul 3 01:09:02 EDT 2013

> To be honest, I can't actually see any difference between SD and HD even on my 32" TV....

John, I find that incredible and very strange. For me, the difference
is very noticeable and greatly enhances the viewing experience. The HD
offered by the BBC is 1280x720 = 921,600 pixels, and high SD is
832x468.= 389,376 pixels. The HD resolution is more than double high
SD, so I feel the extra disk space consumed is worth every byte. I
choose HD every time, without exception, using --modes=best. But sadly
not everything is available in HD. How are you getting the data to
your 32" television? The best options for HD would be a USB port or an
HDMI socket. Perhaps you are reducing everything to a common (low)
denominator in your choice of television input?

Best wishes,
Rick