get_iplayer hangs after 'Started writing to temp file.'

Jon Davies jon at hedgerows.org.uk
Tue Jan 29 14:48:46 EST 2013

On 29 January 2013 18:49, alan <aztorch at fastmail.fm> wrote:
> Jon:
> Thanks for thinking about this but I now see it has nothing to do with
> get_iplayer or the atomicparsley command it builds - I get the same
> result with any simple call to atomicparsley.
> Alan.

I'd got as far as failing to reproduce your problem on precise or
quantal, then tried the lucid VMs I have, and also failed to reproduce
it.  It was evident that atomicparsley was getting stuck, and it's
known to be a tad flaky when presented with even slightly iffy data,
but usually it crashes properly rather than just locking up.

Does this happen when you run atomicparsley on /any/ mp4 file? or just
this particular one?  If it's all, then I'd try reinstalling
atomicparsley:

sudo dpkg --purge --force-depends atomicparsley
sudo apt-get -f install

and it should reinstall 0.9.4-hg91.
does this make any difference?  (has anyone else on the list got any ideas?)

Jon