get_iplayer just stopped working

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 14:29:02 EST 2013

On 27/01/2013 14:16, Alastair wrote:
> I have uninstalled and re-installed get_iplayer and
> rtmpdump from Packman repo as you have suggested.  Still getting the errors.

Again, based on your original report, get_iplayer is not involved.  Did
you reinstall librtmp0 as well, and did you check that the versions of
rtmpdump and librtmp0 match?  If you remove librtmp0, dependent packages
like ffmpeg, mplayer and vlc will also be removed.  Just make note of
what you have to reinstall.  If you don't want to do that, you can try a
forced install of librtmp0 in the hope that it might repair things. Make
note of the librtmp.so.0 (see below) file size/date before and after the
install to see if it changed.

> I have run the dependency check as you suggested and as far as I can see everything
> checks out except "librtmp.so.0() (64bit)"  required by rtmpdump which I cannot find in
> any of the "provides" lists using software manager.  Of course it might be under my nose
> and fatigue has blurred my vision but if you have any ideas please let me know.

librtmp.so.0 is provided by the librtmp0 package, and it should be the
same for 64-bit openSUSE. If "zypper what-provides librtmp.so.0" doesn't
show that, then something is wrong with your package database. The
library itself should be found at /usr/lib/librtmp.so.0.  If that file
were missing, you would see a "cannot open shared object file" rather
than a segfault, which is why I suspected a version mismatch rather than
a missing library.