Hanging Workaround - PVR Runner

Kapitano kapitano72 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 11:54:46 EST 2013

I've come up with a workaround to the problem of GiP hanging when it
receives bad data.

It's a system of scripts and a DOS batch file, and it does the same
thing as the PVR scheduler, except that it waits until the GiP window
has been open long enough to be considered 'probably hung' and closes
it, then reruns PVR at intervals.

It's configurable, so you can decide how long is 'probably too long',
and what's a good interval. You can also set it to shut down the
computer after so many runs.

I should emphasise that it *is* a workaround, and will hopefully become
not needed in the future. And I'm sorry, but I only know Windows, so
there's no versions for other systems.

If you want a copy, send me an email (to kapitano72 at gmail.com) and I'll
send it to you.

Kapitano