rtmpdump updates for Ubuntu and derivatives

Alex Eames alex at translatortips.com
Tue Jan 22 16:44:58 EST 2013

On 22/01/2013 21:34, Jon Davies wrote:
> Having acquired a pi recently I'm working on this ;-) My intent is to
> put together and maintain a raspbian repo for bleeding-edge
> get_iplayer, much as I do for Ubuntu.  But once I've got a raspberry
> pi .deb for rtmpdump I'll let you know where it is.

Excellent news John

The Get_iplayer section on my Pi blog is very popular.
http://raspi.tv/category/get_iplayer

I've already had to update the installation instructions several times
as the OS changes so rapidly
on the Pi. (although I think I need to do it again now if recent
comments are anything to go by)

If you make a raspbian repo, that will solve a lot of headaches for a
lot of people
(check out the recent comments on this page, for example)...
http://raspi.tv/2012/get_iplayer-installation-on-raspberry-pi-with-raspbian

Thanks for all your work

Alex