RadioArchive.cc - RIP

Jonathan Wiltshire jmw at debian.org
Fri Jan 18 05:12:31 EST 2013

On 2013-01-18 09:57, Chris Marriott wrote:
> Actually, Jon, British copyright law is surprisingly lax when it
> comes to
> radio broadcasts. Here's what Wikipedia has to say about the
> copyright on UK
> radio broadcasts, in its article "Copyright Law of the United
> Kingdom".

It also says:

"This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss
these issues on the talk page.
  - This article needs additional citations for verification. (January
2009)
  - This article includes a list of references, related reading or
external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline
citations. (April 2012)
  - This article's factual accuracy is disputed. (January 2009)"

> Hence recording or copying a radio broadcast for non-commercial
> purposes is
> not a copyright infringement. It may of course be against the iPlayer
> terms
> of service, but that's a different matter.

A different matter perhaps, but one that is very pertinent to this
discussion. I refer you to a previous similar discussion in the list
archives.

Jonathan Wiltshire                                      jmw at debian.org
Debian Developer                         http://people.debian.org/~jmw

4096R: 0xD3524C51 / 0A55 B7C5 1223 3942 86EC  74C3 5394 479D D352 4C51

<directhex> i have six years of solaris sysadmin experience, from
             8->10. i am well qualified to say it is made from bonghits
			layered on top of bonghits