recent error attached

Neill Mitchell neill at nlkmitchell.com
Wed Jan 16 08:47:34 EST 2013

Hi.

This is the problem I've been describing over the last few weeks in the
"Stream corrupt error and then rtmpdump goes nuts" thread.

Have you been subscribing to the list or are you new to the list?

If you missed the thread then drop me an email and I'll point you to my
Ubuntu 12.10 build of rtmpdump that seems to fix the problem for people
with very fast connections.

Cheers
Neill.

Message: 5
At the start of any item downloading I can get this:

RTMPDump v2.4
(c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL
Connecting ...
INFO: Connected...
ERROR: DECODING ERROR, IGNORING BYTES UNTIL NEXT KNOWN PATTERN!
ERROR: DECODING ERROR, IGNORING BYTES UNTIL NEXT KNOWN PATTERN!
ERROR: DECODING ERROR, IGNORING BYTES UNTIL NEXT KNOWN PATTERN!
ERROR: DECODING ERROR, IGNORING BYTES UNTIL NEXT KNOWN PATTERN!
ERROR: DECODING ERROR, IGNORING BYTES UNTIL NEXT KNOWN PATTERN!
ERROR: DECODING ERROR, IGNORING BYTES UNTIL NEXT KNOWN PATTERN!
ERROR: DECODING ERROR, IGNORING BYTES UNTIL NEXT KNOWN PATTERN!
ERROR: DECODING ERROR, IGNORING BYTES UNTIL NEXT KNOWN PATTERN!
ERROR: DECODING ERROR, IGNORING BYTES UNTIL NEXT KNOWN PATTERN!
ERROR: HandleInvoke, error decoding invoke packet
WARNING: HandleInvoke, Sanity failed. no string method in invoke packet
WARNING: Received FLV packet before play()! Ignoring.
WARNING: Received FLV packet before play()! Ignoring.
WARNING: Received FLV packet before play()! Ignoring.
WARNING: Received FLV packet before play()! Ignoring.
WARNING: Received FLV packet before play()! Ignoring.

Where I usually have kill and re-try

Additionally, where a file completes and as the next starts, it just
stalls with rtmpdump going overtime.
If I kill (delete any partial download .flv) and retry it goes OK.