Video download problems (Windows Web PVR)

Chris W. Millinship thebulbmuseum at ntlworld.com
Sun Jan 13 10:40:37 EST 2013

Good morning all.

I have been a get_iplayer user for several years now, generally running
the Windows Web PVR version (on XP home edition, presently using v2.82)
with a big long list of PVR searches saved up. Generally I have no
problems with it, however recently I have been experiencing issues when
downloading videos, perhaps going back a few months, but it`s getting
worse of late. Radio has no trouble, but now it seems virtually every
time I attempt downloading a video, it stalls. Downloads a few hundred
KB, then stops and the CPU sits at 100% activity forever until I close
the program down, delete the fragment of the file it started downloading
from the download folder, and start again. Usually have to do this two
or three times now before it works. Here`s a typical result from an
attempted download:

The PVR will auto-run every 4 hour(s) if you leave this page open

Running PVR Searches:
_Adam_and_Joe_name_tv_radio
_Adam_Walton_name_tv_radio
_Africa_name_tv_radio
_Dad_s_Army_name_tv_radio
_Doctor_Who_name_tv_radio
_Doctor_Who_Series_7_name_tv_radio
_Gideon_Coe_name_tv_radio
_Gilles_Peterson_name_tv_radio
_Great_British_Railway_Journeys_Series_4_name_tv_radio
_Horizon_name_tv_radio
_Jarvis_Cocker_s_Sunday_Service_name_tv_radio
_Marc_Riley_name_tv_radio
_Mark_Radcliffe_name_tv_radio
_Mary_Anne_Hobbs_name_tv_radio
_QI_Series_J_name_tv_radio
_QI_XL_Series_J_name_tv_radio
Matches:
561:    tv, QI XL: Series J - 15. Jolly, BBC Two, Entertainment,Games &
Quizzes,TV, default

INFO: 1 Matching Programmes
INFO: Checking existence of default version
INFO: flashvhigh1,flashvhigh2 modes will be tried for version default
INFO: Trying flashvhigh1 mode to record tv: QI XL: Series J - 15. Jolly

INFO: File name prefix =
QI_XL_Series_J_-_15._Jolly_b01q15xf_default
RTMPDump 2.4 git-6230845 2011-9-25
(c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL
Connecting ...
INFO: Connected...
Starting download at: 0.000 kB

 and then almost immediately RTMPDump goes 100% CPU usage, with the fan
blaring. Had to re-start it about four times to get it to finally
download. In this instance, it then gave:

Matches:
561:    tv, QI XL: Series J - 15. Jolly, BBC Two, Entertainment,Games &
Quizzes,TV, default

INFO: 1 Matching Programmes
INFO: Checking existence of default version
INFO: flashvhigh1,flashvhigh2 modes will be tried for version default
INFO: Trying flashvhigh1 mode to record tv: QI XL: Series J - 15. Jolly

INFO: File name prefix =
QI_XL_Series_J_-_15._Jolly_b01q15xf_default
RTMPDump 2.4 git-6230845 2011-9-25
(c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL
Connecting ...
INFO: Connected...
INFO: Command exit code 1 (raw code = 256)
WARNING: Failed to stream file
F:\Radio\QI_XL_Series_J_-_15._Jolly_b01q15xf_default.partial.mp4.flv via
RTMP
INFO: skipping flashvhigh1 mode
INFO: Trying flashvhigh2 mode to record tv: QI XL: Series J - 15. Jolly

INFO: File name prefix =
QI_XL_Series_J_-_15._Jolly_b01q15xf_default
RTMPDump 2.4 git-6230845 2011-9-25
(c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL
Connecting ...
INFO: Connected...
Starting download at: 0.000 kB
INFO: Metadata:
INFO:   duration              2629.12
INFO:   moovPosition          32.00
INFO:   width                 832.00
INFO:   height                468.00
INFO:   videocodecid          avc1
INFO:   audiocodecid          mp4a
INFO:   avcprofile            77.00
INFO:   avclevel              30.00
INFO:   aacaot                2.00
INFO:   videoframerate        25.00
INFO:   audiosamplerate       24000.00
INFO:   audiochannels         2.00
INFO: trackinfo:
INFO:   length                65725000.00
INFO:   timescale             25000.00
INFO:   language              eng
INFO: sampledescription:
INFO:   sampletype            avc1
INFO:   length                63098880.00
INFO:   timescale             24000.00
INFO:   language              eng
INFO: sampledescription:
INFO:   sampletype            mp4a

 however usually it gets on with the download using the original
flashvhigh1 mode. The same happens when using flashhd modes.

So, my question is does anyone know what might be causing this, and is
there a fix?

Many thanks in advance for your assistance.

Chris M.