FFmpeg 1.1 released

bat guano batguano999 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 11 11:05:27 EST 2013

> PS1: I am interested in the wma mode because, as a non-UK user, the other
> radiomode
> I am left with (= flashaaclow1 = HE-AACv2 = aac@ 48kbpsABR + SBR + PS) is
> not
> compatible with my portable player (mp3, wma, wav only); granted that
> flashaaclow1
> downloads very quickly with rtmpdump, plays fine on the laptop, with e.g.
> Winamp,
> but I have to transcode to mp3 in order to listen to it on the move; and I
> HATE
> TRANSCODING - I consider it a loss of energy and time... :-(

Hi
I understand how you feel about transcoding but...
it's possible to transcode 'on the fly' using a fast mp3 encoder.
Much quicker than downloading wma radio programmes in real time.

I've used this method with Linux, and I've just tested it with Windows XP.
Maybe you'd like to try it out.

With GoGo-no-coda 3.13 from here ---> http://www.rarewares.org/mp3-others.php

I put ffmpeg.exe and gogo.exe in same directory as get_iplayer.pl

Then used this command:-
get_iplayer --pid=b00w46nz --mode=flashaaclow --stream | ffmpeg -i - -f wav - | gogo -b 96 -nopsy -q 9 stdin output.mp3