Refreshing a git clone

Binks, Dominic dfjbinks at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 2 16:55:21 EST 2013

$ git reset --hard HEAD

will discard any local edits.

$ git checkout origin/master

should get you back to what you originally cloned.

$ git fetch origin

should pull changes from infrared that you may not yet have picked up.

Then the checkout command above will 'upgrade' you.  Bear in mind it's a good idea to drop a tag or make a branch before doing this just it case you need to go back to where you were.

$ git help tag
and
$ git help branch

should be useful for you