Stream corrupt error and then rtmpdump goes nuts!

J K.Eason mail at john-eason.co.uk
Wed Jan 2 07:20:00 EST 2013

> *From:* Jon Davies <jon at hedgerows.org.uk>
> *To:* get_iplayer at lists.infradead.org
> *Date:* Wed, 2 Jan 2013 11:15:15 +0000
>
> On 31 December 2012 21:11, dinkypumpkin <dinkypumpkin at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > That's a different sort of buffering.
>
> Ah, my knowledge of how rtmpdump works has evidently just doubled...
>
> > Perversely, I look forward to "suffering" from this problem
> > should FTTC
> > reach my area before the sun burns out.
>
> don't worry, FTTC isn't all it's cracked up to be.  I'm all of 100
> yards from the fibre cabinet, and the fastest speed I can get is
> about
> 15Mbps.  So unless you get FTTH or live on top of the cabinet, you
> probably won't suffer from this "it's too fast" problem ;-)

I'm getting 15-17Mbps using ADSL2+ on normal BT wet string in a village
here in the East Midlands, so unless you're in an area with lots of other
users dragging the speed down I'd have a quiet word with your ISP.
Mind you I'm around 170 metres from the exchange according to SamKnows,
so that probably makes a slight difference! :^)

Regards
       John (mail at john-eason.co.uk)