Stream corrupt error and then rtmpdump goes nuts!

Tony Quinn tony at tqvideo.co.uk
Wed Jan 2 06:34:01 EST 2013

In message
<CAJEH5C30U29pu7wpZRqouX9V09KXk56A4rLB2mZ-Zm_X5t1hvA at mail.gmail.com>,
Jon Davies <jon at hedgerows.org.uk> writes
>On 31 December 2012 21:11, dinkypumpkin <dinkypumpkin at gmail.com> wrote:
>> That's a different sort of buffering.
>
>Ah, my knowledge of how rtmpdump works has evidently just doubled...
>
>> Perversely, I look forward to "suffering" from this problem should FTTC
>> reach my area before the sun burns out.
>
>don't worry, FTTC isn't all it's cracked up to be.  I'm all of 100
>yards from the fibre cabinet, and the fastest speed I can get is about
>15Mbps.  So unless you get FTTH or live on top of the cabinet, you
>probably won't suffer from this "it's too fast" problem ;-)

I think it likely that you have other technical issues, if that is the
case.

I am about 500 yards from my cabinet (based on counting strides, I grant
you, but following pretty much exactly the pavement, any shorter route
would go under houses, which is unlikely), and consistently get 45Mbps
down and 11Mbps up.

--
Atheism is not a belief system any more than not liking chess is a hobby.