Encoding of TV programmes...

stephen s.parry316 at btinternet.com
Thu Feb 28 04:02:17 EST 2013

Hi guys, first of all thanks for maintaining this  wonderfully useful
application, it is a lifesaver! I use it mostly for radio, to listen later in
my truck when working. Sometimes, however I would like to record TV to a
thumbdrive . The problem is (I guess) really with my TV, it recognises that a
Video file is there, but won't play it. I have to re-encode it which takes
hours and hours (and hours!) Here is the 'instructions' for the TV:
http://wstaw.org/m/2013/02/28/plasma-desktopfk3286.png  Is there a way to tell
get_iplayer to record TV directly to a format that my old TV can 'see' and
play without having to post-process? If not, could you suggest some ffmpg
settings (or other encoding app) which would do it reasonably quickly? I use
WinFF at present, but I am not sure exactly which ffmpg parameters it uses,
just that it takes a very loong time! I would be glad to report the settings,
but  can't find a log file for winFF anywhere.. I use opensuse 12.2