Ability to specify a temporary directory.

John G. Dargie john.g.dargie at btinternet.com
Tue Feb 19 15:22:52 EST 2013

Here's an example, a current episode of "Book at Bedtime".
The first command shows the --info value of <episodeshort>, and the second command uses <episodeshort> for the subdirectory name (but it's not right).

$ get_iplayer --type radio --pid b01qlmls --info
episode:        The Bell Jar: Episode 6
episodenum:     6
episodeshort:   The Bell Jar

$ get_iplayer --type radio --pid b01qlmls --subdir --subdirformat "<episodeshort>"
INFO: Recorded [my-current-path]/The_Bell_Jar_Episode_6/Book_at_Bedtime_-_The_Bell_Jar_Episode_6_b01qlmls_default.m4a

I've had a brief look at the get_iplayer script and I see there are two places that episodeshort is evaluated:
a) Lines 5428-5432 (sub generate_filenames).  This defines $prog->{episodeshort} as used by --info.
b) Line 4546 (sub get_metadata).  This defines $prog->{episodeshort} as used by --subdir-format.
I've not looked through in depth to see how/where these subs are called, but either they should have identical code, or better still have both call a subroutine to do the defining.

John.