infradead is down

sarakitty1 at ymail.com sarakitty1 at ymail.com
Sun Feb 10 06:10:15 EST 2013

For me only the lists infradead address works for me, www seems to be completely down, and for some reason Get_iplayer has a "phone home" functionality that makes the program not start up unless it can connect to that website, it checks for updates then closes itself when it can't permission to open the program from the phonehome server? o_O

"
get_iplayer v2.82, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
  This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use --warranty.
  This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain
  conditions; use --conditions for details.

WARNING: Running the updater again to obtain plugins.
INFO: Current version is 2.82
INFO: Checking for latest version from www.infradead.org
<< wait about 3 min >>
ERROR: Failed to connect to update site - Update aborted

C:\Program Files (x86)\get_iplayer>
"

I looked on twitter << www.twitter.com/search/realtime?q=get_iplayer >>, I can't see much info out there, only relevant thing I can see is 3 days ago someone posting similar too: "anyone else use get_iplayer .. has get_iplayer stopped worked <<sic>> for you recently?" << www.twitter.com/netean/status/299668670479740928 >>

Hmm :(

I suppose the sensible thing would be to modify the source code and remove the phone-home thing since it's all "free and open source" but I don't know how to :( I am posting up the installer (which doesn't totally work, it installs most of the dependent programs but then hangs when it tries to download the get_iplayer.py from the www.infradead.org site) together with my get_iplayer folder with the missing files that the installer can't download (like get_iplayer.py)

www.mega.co.nz/#!XQ0WXDZB!UI36NyGM4vizRJn5fxSRw1x5Nfkq3JHFkvz5BRwybhg!get_iplayer

I hope it can help others maybe