Saved Filename options

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 16:23:28 EST 2013

On 04/02/2013 15:51, Rob Dixon wrote:
> On 04/02/2013 14:32, dinkypumpkin wrote:
>> Try this on Windows:
>>
>> --command "perl -e """($new = $old = shift) =~ s/\-+\././; rename
>> $old, $new""" ""<filename>"""
>
> That works fine. Thank you. But I am lost as to why. I assume this is
> because of Perl command-line processing, as I get a different result
> from a simple cmd file.

It's the left angle bracket that causes the problem on the command line.
  I think you get "The system cannot find the path specified" because
it's being interpreted as an input redirection.  If it is hard against
an unescaped quote (terminating a quoted part), apparently it isn't.
Another way you can do it that might make more sense: