programmes that work as --player?

Alan Campbell entropyreduction at gmail.com
Sun Dec 1 13:25:21 EST 2013

I'm still fiddling around with gigi, (gui for GiP).

One option I'm tinkiering with sets the --player for GiP.

At the moment I offer vlc, mplayer and ffmpeg (using ffplay); giig
knows

"vlc -"'
"mplayer -cache 3072 -"
"ffplay -"

Anyone used any other players, and if so with what paramters?  I've
found 15+ recommened audio players (beatbox, quodlibet..) and ten+
video players (totem, miro..) but so far none seem to input via
stdin.

(latest version to gigi will know about preset and honour GiP user
preferences, so you can also specify your own --player by e.g.
setting a preference in a preset.)

Yours,

Alan Campbell
BRIGHTON, UK