can someone point me to the list instructions please ...

Rob Dixon rob.dixon at gmx.com
Sat Aug 31 15:46:24 EDT 2013

On 30/08/2013 23:10, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Fri, 2013-08-30 at 13:59 +0100, Mable Syrup wrote:
>
>> I'm sure there must be something, but I can't find it.   I want to
>> reply to different items in a thread in a manner that preserves the
>> threading.
>
> I don't really understand why this is an issue. It's all really really
> simple

I'm sorry David, but I find this very offensive.

Mable has a problem understanding the complexities of replying to a post
using his SMTP client while keeping to the list's rules.

I'm pleased that you understand the whole thing comprehensively yourself
but, as you reply goes on to demonstrate in your post, it is a horribly
complex business.

It is wrong of you to belittle those who are unfamiliar with SMTP and
have to ask for advice. I am certain that there is a field where what is
"obvious" baffles you completely.

Until very recently, this list was a generous and encouraging place.
Please lets not start the "I'm clever and I know good" wars.

Rob