Using --force

Jeremy Nicoll - ml get_iplayer jn.ml.gti.91 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk
Thu Aug 1 11:08:49 EDT 2013

Using v2.83

Last night I downloaded a radio programme as an .m4a file then tried to
refetch it as an mp3.  I used the command:

 get_iplayer "baldi" --type=radio --get --aactomp3 -force

I'd expected the "--force" to tell GiP to ignore the fact that the programme
had already been downloaded, and get it again.  But instead GiP did a
refresh of the cache and told me the programme was already downloaded.  Is
that as expected?

I fixed the problem by deleting the line in download_history that described
the previous download.

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own.