Help needed with pvr search terms please.

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 11:09:25 EDT 2013

On 14/04/2013 09:45, Alastair Budge-Reid wrote:
> I am trying to get pvr to get Arne Dahl so I added the search to my list using
> command:-
>
> get_iplayer --pvr "Arne Dahl - The Blinded Man:" --pvradd
> "Arne_Dahl_-_The_Blinded_Man:"
>
> and my list now contains the search:-
>
>   pvrsearch = Arne_Dahl_-_The_Blinded_Man
>          search0 = Arne Dahl - The Blinded Man:
>
> However when I run pvr nothing is found in the search.  I have not downloaded the
> second episode and expected it to be found and downloaded last night  (I downloaded the
> first episode using get command)
>
> Am I missing something here?
>
> I have a similar problem with the term
>
> pvrsearch = Afternoon_on_3_-_Thursday_Opera_Matinee
>          search0 = Afternoon on 3 - Thursday Opera Matinee:
>          type = radio
>
> what am I doing wrong please?

Test your searches outside the PVR first and you'll see that they fail.
  The reason?  Your search string combines the programme name and part
of the episode title (they're separated by the hyphen), but only the
name field is searched by default.  Pick the part of the search string
most useful and use --fields=episode if it's the episode title you want
to search.