HD Programmes Not Categorised as HD

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 18:16:21 EDT 2013

On 10/04/2013 22:47, ode wrote:
> 'Keeping Britain Alive' episodes 2 and 3 are available as HD when you
> look at the info for each episode. But they are not categorised as HD.
>
> In fact there are currently only 9 matches for 'get_iplayer
> --category=HD'. There used to typically be a lot more, I would guess
> there must be quite a few programmes missing.

get_iplayer only assigned HD as a category for programmes that were in
the listings feed for BBC HD, since they were guaranteed to be in HD.
Since BBC Two HD replaced BBC HD a couple of weeks ago, there are only a
few programmes still in the BBC HD feed.  They will all presumably
disappear in the near future, so --category=HD is not longer a usefule
search.

Although BBC One and BBC Two are now simulcast in HD, iPlayer content
will still be a mix of HD and non-HD content.  I don't see any way to
identify HD programmes from the listings feeds used to create the
get_iplayer programme cache, so there is no way to denote HD content in
the search results.  If anyone knows different, chime in.