I haven't been able to download using PID for ages....

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 07:44:54 EDT 2012

On 28/09/2012 12:32, Dave F. wrote:
> On 27/09/2012 14:51, dinkypumpkin wrote:
>> Sorry - forgot to correct a typo in your example.  Remove the
>> backslash after "BBC":
>>
>> get_iplayer -o "C:\Downloads\BBC" --modes=best --type radio --pid
>> b01mxvr5
>
> That's it! Thanks.
>
> I have to say though that I'm surprised the last forward slash for the
> output option would prevent iplayer from a least finding & listing the
> desired program. Especially when it's not that strict on other
> formatting in the command line, the = sign for instance.

The backslash escapes the quote character, so the value of the -o
parameter isn't terminated.  That means that get_iplayer never sees any
of the following arguments on the command line.  This means get_iplayer
effectively runs without arguments and thus just returns the full list
of available programmes.  That's just how command line parsing works -
it's nothing to do with get_iplayer.  FWIW, since you don't have any
spaces in that path, you don't need to surround it with quotes.  Without
quotes, the trailing backslash would be OK.