I haven't been able to download using PID for ages....

Jon Davies jon at hedgerows.org.uk
Thu Sep 27 13:01:38 EDT 2012

I'm kind of lost as to what you're actually trying to achieve.  If you
have a single specific programme you want to download, then finding
the pid and downloading it works, but seems like a hard way of solving
the problem.

In most cases downloading by searching for a programme name works
fine, and repeating the same command later will get later episodes of
the same programme.

So taking the command line you originally gave, something like

get_iplayer  --type radio "The Comedy Club Interviews"

would seem more appropriate - running this from time to time will
download any new episodes of the series.  Or you could use the pvr
features and have the computer do it for you.

Cheers
Jon