Start from offset

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 19:23:43 EDT 2012

On 26/09/2012 23:45, Charles Johnson wrote:
> get_iplayer --mode=flashaaclow1 --flvstreamer=/usr/local/bin/rtmpdump
> --start $((120*60)) --get 10480
>
> is what i attempted (start two hours in from start of the programme). I get
>
> INFO: Connected...
> ERROR: RTMP_ReadPacket, failed to read RTMP packet header
> INFO: Command exit code 1 (raw code = 256)
> WARNING: Failed to stream file
> /tmp/Breakfast_-_Friday_-_Sara-Mohr_Pietsch_b01mny7n_default.partial.aac.flv
> via RTMP
> INFO: skipping flashaaclow1 mode
> ERROR: Failed to record 'Breakfast - Friday - Sara-Mohr Pietsch (b01mny7n)'
>
> Is this an incorrect invocation or is it simply that the offset is
> unsupported?

Just what it says: rtmpdump couldn't read a some data, so stopped
downloading.  The connection was interrupted or there was an error at
the server or any number of other things happened.  Nothing to do with
the --start offset, assuming you have an up-to-date version of rtmpdump.
  The error is unique to your system, network, etc.  You can run with
--verbose to see if there are any more clues in the rtmpdump output.
But there is no one solution, and probably no solution per se.  You just
have to keep trying the download.  Search the mailing list archive -
this has come up many times before:

http://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=get_iplayer%40lists.infradead.org&q=%22ERROR%3A+RTMP_ReadPacket%2C+failed+to+read+RTMP+packet+header%22