Radio Thumbnails

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 11:26:52 EDT 2012

On 25/09/2012 15:53, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-09-25 at 15:37 +0100, Paul Oldham wrote:
>> And the M4A file was there as expected, but no sign of the JPEG. I
>> wondered if get_iplayer had embedded it into the M4A file but the
>> software I've got which plays both MP3s and M4As and which does show
>> embedded JPEGs in MP3s if they're present showed no sign of any in the
>> M4A file.
>>
>> Any thoughts anyone?
>
> Do you have AtomicParsley installed? I'm guessing not, since it's a PITA
> and thus isn't packaged for any Linux distributions that I'm aware of.

Doh - forgot the obvious.  As David said: no AtomicParsley, no tagging.
  However, it's not that difficult to obtain for Linux.   A serviceable
version of AtomicParsley is packaged for Debian and Ubuntu.  A more
recent version is available from the get_iplayer Ubuntu PPA.  If you use
Fedora or openSUSE, you can find an older version packaged for openSUSE
11.1 (search http://rpm.pbone.net) and install the RPM yourself.  And if
it should be necessary, it's not difficult to build (see:
https://bitbucket.org/wez/atomicparsley).