Radio Thumbnails

Paul Oldham paul at the-hug.org
Tue Sep 25 10:37:04 EDT 2012

I know that iPlayer offers thumbnails - you see them on the BBC's own
web site and my Squeezeserver also displays them - but I noticed
recently that get_iplayer seemed to be downloading them too. For example
the last two lines of typical download session said:

INFO: Recorded
/nfs/u1/htdocs/paul/fakepod/News_Quiz_Extra_Series_5_-_24_09_2012_b01mxrc5_default.m4a

INFO: Downloaded Thumbnail to
'/nfs/u1/htdocs/paul/fakepod/News_Quiz_Extra_Series_5_-_24_09_2012_b01mxrc5_default.jpg'

And the M4A file was there as expected, but no sign of the JPEG. I
wondered if get_iplayer had embedded it into the M4A file but the
software I've got which plays both MP3s and M4As and which does show
embedded JPEGs in MP3s if they're present showed no sign of any in the
M4A file.

Any thoughts anyone?
--
Paul