Incomplete downloads

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 14:19:25 EDT 2012

On 05/09/2012 16:16, Arthur Murray wrote:
> Linux and Accused S02E04 (flashhd).   The download completed on the
> 3rd try a few hours later.

Good that it worked, but next time tell us which Linux distro you use.
It helps to check like-for-like if possible.  I couldn't duplicate the
problem, which is no surprise.  Problems with rtmpdump are usually down
to some temporary condition unique to your system or network.  The
bottom line is that when rtmpdump tells get_iplayer that the download
was successful, get_iplayer has to accept the result.  Whenever rtmpdump
has to reconnect and resume a download, the odds of something going
wrong increase.

> The download had initially started within minutes of the time it first
> became available on the server after broadcast. I don't know if that
> is related or not.

Only inasmuch as there may have been congestion upstream from you or the
media servers were taking a beating at that particular time.