'Cropping' a recorded radio programme

Geoff Soper geoff.getiplayer at alphaworks.co.uk
Thu Oct 18 17:33:06 EDT 2012

A late reply but I'd meant to post a note summarising the process I used
to perform this crop. I've just cropped another file so I'll take this
opportunity to post in case it helps someone else; it needed four
downloads and a bit of experimentation so so I think the chances of
someone needing help are reasonable

    Use Yamb to extract AAC from M4A file
         Requires MP4Box to be downloaded
         Editing -> Extract Streams
         Extract to raw format

    Use MP3DirectCut to crop required sections
         Requires libfaad2.dll to be downloaded
         Select section
         File -> Save selection

    Use Yamb to create MP4