Is the new BBC Radio player likely to break get_iplayer?

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 12:14:48 EDT 2012

On 08/10/2012 16:56, Chris Marriott wrote:
> I notice that, when you go to the "Radio" area of the BBC iPlayer web
> site, you're now being redirected to a new BBC Radio iPlayer. I realise
> it's early days yet, but does anyone have any views on whether this is
> likely to break "get_iplayer"? I use it primarily for radio programmes,
> and it would be annoying if it did!

At first blush, it looks like some small adjustments might be needed to
accommodate the new site's URL format.  That would only apply to
downloading with --url or supplying an iPlayer episode URL to --pid, so
not a huge problem.  The old site is still around - probably for a good
while - so working URLs will be available.