Radio Thumbnails

Jon Davies jon at hedgerows.org.uk
Mon Oct 1 08:51:30 EDT 2012

On 1 October 2012 10:39, Shevek <shevek at shevek.co.uk> wrote:
> I have found that you can request any size that follows the correct
> aspect ratio and the BBC img server serves up the image at that size
[...]
> but you can also get the following from a browser
> http://node1.bbcimg.co.uk/iplayer/images/episode/b01n70f3_400_225.jpg

I think you may have hit upon a size that's supported - I've tried
various other sizes with the correct aspect ratio, and they don't
work.  (600x337 (and since the maths isn't exact I tried 600x338);
500x281; 300x169; 300x168)

OTOH, I've been working (very slowly) on an itv plugin, and the itv
website /does/ serve up any size you want, e.g.
http://mercury.itv.com/DotCom/episode/325597/image.jpg?w=640

cheers
Jon