[Off Topic - slighty]Re: Chris Tarrant - Extreme Trains

Stuart Henderson stu at spacehopper.org
Wed Nov 28 09:25:50 EST 2012

On 2012/11/28 12:59, Jon Davies wrote:
> On 27 November 2012 16:45, Chris J Brady <chrisjbrady at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > ...Is there a 'get_iplayer'-like app. that could download it from the Channel 5 'ondemand' player?
>
> I'm pretty sure the answer is "no".  get_flash_videos is the thing
> that I've been pointed at in the past, but doesn't appear to work with
> demand5 (or 4oD for that matter).

The git version of get-flash-videos works (via rtmpdump) for at least some
Channel 5 programmes. The last released version of g-f-v is pretty old, you'll
need to use the git version for the majority of sites.

4oD is more difficult, they are using HTTP Dynamic Streaming for a lot of
their programmes, see
https://code.google.com/p/get-flash-videos/issues/detail?id=379&sort=-id