windows get_iplayer not working

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 14:00:43 EST 2012

On 10/11/2012 16:31, Anthony Place wrote:
> hi not used get_iplayer for a while tried today to record an episode
> of master chef this is what I get, so I upgraded to the latest nothing
> changed the web pvr not listing any programs at all has somthing
> changed?
>
> Matches:
> 548:    MasterChef: The Professionals: Series 5 - Episode 3, BBC Two, Food & D
> nk,Lifestyle & Leisure,TV, default
>
> INFO: 1 Matching Programmes
> INFO: Checking existence of default version
> INFO: flashhigh1,flashhigh2,flashstd1,flashstd2 modes will be tried for versio
> default
> INFO: Trying flashhigh1 mode to record tv: MasterChef: The Professionals: Seri
>   5 - Episode 3
> INFO: File name prefix = MasterChef_The_Professionals_Series_5_-_Episode_3_b01
> 2wd_default
> WARNING: Your version of flvstreamer/rtmpdump does not support SWF Verificatio
> WARNING: rtmpdump/flvstreamer 1.8 or later is required - please upgrade
> INFO: skipping flashhigh1 mode

You cut off the log so that we can't see what version you have.  I'll
thus assume that either you didn't really upgrade to the latest version
or your upgrade failed and you didn't notice.  At minimum, you're
missing rtmpdump for some reason.  Regardless of the cause, it's not
worth trying to figure out what you did or didn't install.  Do a
complete uninstall and delete "C:\Program Files\get_iplayer".  You may
have some old bogus options configured, so you probably want to let the
uninstaller delete your settings as well.  You say you haven't used it
in a while, so there's no point in keeping the settings if you don't
know what you have.  Once you have a clean slate, download the latest
installer from www.infradead.org/get_iplayer and try again.