Get_iplayer on Raspberry Pi

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Thu May 31 09:30:05 EDT 2012

On 31/05/2012 13:35, Alex Eames wrote:
> rtmpdump -v gives version 2.3

That version works well enough on desktop Debian, but obviously not on
the Pi.  Other users with rtmpdump problems have had some luck with
updating to 2.4, so worth a try.

> ffmpeg -version gives
>
> FFmpeg SVN-r0.5.6-4:0.5.6-3

Sorry, I forgot the stable version was so ancient.  I got ffmpeg from
squeeze-backports.  An update is probably in order.  You could try
backports, but since tommy has given you full build instructions  you
might want to try the DIY route.  As he points out, you'll get the
ancillary benefit of ffmpeg not croaking on overlapping timestamps
created when rtmpdump resumes downloading a stream.  That can be pretty
annoying.